The Technical & Safety Reports score is comprised of the safety deliverables listed below:
- Analyzing loss of GPS to SAE Level 4, identifying top 3 failures modes, and achieving level 4 automation per SAE’s J3016 “Levels of Driving Automation.” (Max: 10 points)
- Submission of the final software safety analysis (Max: 10 points)
- Overview of previous safety work through 4 years of competition (Functional Safety & SOTIF), logbooks (Max: 5 points)
- Qualitative points for reports (Max: 5 points)
- Video Submission (Maximum Points: 20 points)
The videos will be made public in the future. Unfortunately, due to a number of issues, the bonus points for YouTube likes will not be awarded to any team. This was not feasible as originally intended.