Project Management Course
This Program Management Course was designed and tailored for AutoDrive Challenge™ Teams. Through SAE International’s Professional Development Department, we are offering 4 registration slots per team into a Program Management Course.
The course will have the following key learning items:
• Students will immediately apply learned skills by taking a sample project through all phases of the Project Plan using industry-based documents.
• Realistic issues, problems and time constraints are introduced throughout the exercise to stimulate actual project environment.
• Each exercise uses documents specific to the areas of study such as Statement of Requirements, Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, timeline development, resource management and reacting to changing situations such as schedule crash.
• Major milestones of typical OEM APQP processes, to include PPAP, are also discussed.
• The exercise format is structured so that students must operate in teams and the time constraints allow students to see firsthand the effects of improper delegation of work assignments.
The course will be held on the following days for teams
• Session 1 (Kettering, Michigan State, Michigan Tech) – October 7, 8, 9 (12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST. each day)
• Session 2 (North Carolina A&T, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech) – October 14, 15, 17 (12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST. each day)
• Session 3 (University of Toronto & University of Waterloo) – October 21, 22, 23 (12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST. each day)
If your interested in the course talk to your faculty advisor. The registration link was sent to each of the Faculty Advisor to distribute to students for registration. Registration closes Oct 1, 2020